Teller Full-Time Position
Full-Time Teller Position
7:45-6:15 (M-F hours may vary)
8:45-12:15 (Rotating Saturdays)
Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and being an effective source of information for our customers: in lobby, drive-thru window or by telephone. Provides friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance to customers and coworkers assuring a positive experience and minimizing wait time.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. 50% Demonstrate efficiency with financial transactions for checking, savings and loan customers: receives funds, posts transactions and pays out funds as requested. Verbally confirm intended transactions with customer to assure needs are met and minimize errors.
2. 2. 10% Issues cashier’s check, travel/gift cards, receives currency for coin and verifies amounts, processes the redemption of bonds, cashes checks according to written procedures.
3. 3. 10% Balances cash drawer daily to assure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor regarding any offages. Appropriately applying policies.
4. 10% Research, troubleshoot and resolve customer and internal inquiries regarding policies, practices and products.
5. 10% Addresses inquiries on accounts, validates amounts and dates of payments and other significant information and validates checks and/or counts cash payments. Scans daily transactions for accuracy and retention. Log required information on appropriate spreadsheets.
6. 5% Assist other departments and branches with transactions as needed, provide support for the department and branch managers in fulfilling customer requests and merchant verifications.
7. 5% Create and maintain a clean, neat, pleasant work environment by maintaining a professional look (i.e. dress, posture, attitude, etc.), positive outlook and behavior toward customers and co-workers.
8. 0% Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, the Office of Foreign Assets Control and all security policies and procedures.
9. 0% Meet minimum requirements of Retail Standards Program. Use every customer contact as an opportunity to advise customer about additional services or programs that might benefit them.
The employee must occasionally lift and/move up to 30 lbs.
Education and Experience: Education: Equivalent to a high school education Experience: Up to Six months of similar or related experience.
Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names.