Changing Banks Just Got Easier!
Our switch kit takes the confusion out of moving your account.
Come build a Legacy with us. We have what it takes to fund your future.
Switching Made Easy
When it comes to banking, you have many choices. Changing banks can be challenging, so we have provided the forms to help make the switch easier.
Here are five steps to help make your move to Legacy Bank:
- Step 1: Open a Legacy Bank checking and/or savings account
- Stop by any of our five locations and a customer service representative will help you choose the account that is right for you.
- Step 2: Stop using your old account
- Leave sufficient funds in your old account to cover all outstanding checks or automatic payments.
- Step 3: Add the security and convenience of direct deposit
- For direct deposit, complete the Authorization For Direct Deposit form within this kit — make copies of this form for each additional direct deposit.
- Provide your employer or retirement investor with a voided Legacy Bank check or deposit slip, and verify when the direct deposit will begin.
- Complete the Direct Deposit For Federal Benefit Payments form within this kit, for any Social Security direct deposits you may have — you can also call Go Direct at 1.800.333.1795 or visit www.godirect.gov
- Step 4: Change any automatic payments to your new account
- For recurring automatic deductions or payments, complete the Authorization To Change Payments form available in this kit — make copies of this form for each additional automatic deduction or payment.
- Step 5: Close your old account
- Once all of your outstanding checks and payments have cleared it is time to close the account.
- Submit the Authorization To Close My Account form to your current financial institution.
It’s that easy! You have our commitment that we will do our very best to understand and meet your financial needs. Thank you for making the switch to Legacy Bank. If you have any questions please call us at 316.260.3711.
Important Note: You'll fill the form out online, print it, and take the physical copy to the company with which you currently have an account. Refer to steps 1- 5 listed above for a detailed description of each form and the process in which they must be turned in. If you have questions, contact us!